Oregon Nonprofit Corporation Handbook
The 5th Edition provides essential guidance on nonprofit legal issues, Board governance and management, getting and keeping tax exempt status, financial management, raising funds and generating earned income, and working effectively with volunteers.
The Handbook is filled with over 800 pages of clear explanations, practical tips, checklists, and sample documents for nonprofits at all stages of development – from glimmer in the eye of founders to well established nonprofits grappling with complex management and governance issues.
New in the 5th Edition
- Expanded guidance for Boards of Directors moving beyond a “one size fits all” to describe the duties and policies to fit your nonprofit
- 6 new sample policies to help your nonprofit comply with IRS governance recommendations
- Practical help with the IRS Form 990
- Step-by-step guidance to funding your organization – including earned income and contributed income
- New tools for fraud prevention and checklists for financial controls
- Plain language explanation of nonprofit accounting requirements and improved sample financial reports